Music Banter - View Single Post - Depression and suicide
View Single Post
Old 08-25-2010, 11:13 AM   #84 (permalink)
Sansa Stark
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr dave View Post
years ago? aren't you only like 21? that's rather messed up that the ward would just dump pills on teenagers though i can't say i'm that surprised. aren't there stipulations about giving those medications to people over and under certain ages?
It was 2007, which seems a long time ago to me. They do that all the time there, you don't really get much help in our psych wards here until you get transferred to a bigger, more long term residence. When I was in the first time, they also took me off another of my meds and put me on antidepressants (which didn't do **** for me). I was diagnosed with bipolar when I was just newly in my teens, but I was never told much about what it was or what I would expect. My parents never believed that anything was wrong with me and I was faking it for attention, so of course they couldn't be expected to take an interest in my treatment. When I was 19, my condition really started to show itself, a boyfriend of mine noticed and finally was the only one outside of shrinks I'd see for a handful of times to believe there was something not working in my brain. So he gave me a push to get medicated properly. I'd already taken a step to get one medication, his push helped me to get another. It's true though, you can't fully push someone to get help, they have to want it. Nowadays I'm pretty stable. Mr dave, you had an excellent point about "balance", I believe exactly the same thing. If I were happy all the time, I'd be much more worried than if I have some ****ty days, some just okay ones, and good ones.