Music Banter - View Single Post - The Miss Universe 2010 Thread
View Single Post
Old 08-26-2010, 05:52 PM   #66 (permalink)
VEGANGELICA
Facilitator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaqarbal View Post
Felines seem to be as diverse as humans. Some male cats behave as promiscuous "playboys", other are like "lovers", etc... Right now, I was listening to this song (Lynx Ramón). It's about a male Iberian lynx who falls in love with a she-lynx ... inspired by a real fact: some years ago, zoologists found two died lynxes (a male and a female) together on a road in a National Park; they were run over by a truck. One of them had covered a long distance only to see his "girlfriend".
What a sad topic, Zaqarbal! The song sounds much livelier and happier than the romantic tragedy it describes.

Say, you should really start a cat thread. I searched for "cat" threads, and there didn't appear to be any yet. Or maybe you could start a music thread about cat music. Then we wouldn't have to discuss cat culture in a thread about sex kittens.

Cat culture trivia: Did you know that cats are often a main pet target of domestic violence perpetrators, presumably because people who want control over others associate cats with the feminine and hate cats' independence?

I feel this relates a little to the Miss Universe competition. One aspect of beauty pageants that bugs me is that these women seem so eager to please and to get people's good opinion, subservient to the social concept of what's desirable. The contestants don't seem like cats at all, since cats usually do their own thing, don't care terribly much about what your opinion of them is, and are friendly on their own terms. I guess I'm just a cat person!

If a chicken was smart enough to be able to speak English and run in a geometric pattern, then I think it should be smart enough to dial 911 (999) before getting the axe, and scream to the operator, "Something must be done! Something must be done!"
VEGANGELICA is offline   Reply With Quote