Music Banter - View Single Post - Anyone play guitar left handed on a right handed guitar any advice?
View Single Post
Old 08-27-2010, 10:12 AM   #11 (permalink)
sinkronik
Groupie

Default I do, and its cool!!!!!!!!!

Hey everybody,

i know the thread hasent been frequented a lot in the past months, but i just stumbled across it, and had to put my opinion in:

I started out leftie strung righty, on a epiphone SG, so i didnt have the cutawayproblem, only had to worry about the cable sticking out the body, and the knobs. as soon as i got my first tunes down (like the intro of under the bridge, i unintentionally learned a barre chord with my first task), i got myself a righthanded leftie squier strat, and restrung it myself, switched the nut around, and also switched the position of the slanted pickup. it sounded ****ty though, and i was really disappointed. this wasnt because of the modification though, the squier was just a ****ty guitar. now, after 3 years of playing, i bought my self the little brother of my dream guitar, the KH202 from ESP/LTD, and had it professionally modified, and fitted with the important parts of kirks guitar (like the emgs, they only come on his signature guitar). So getting that guitar cost me 550 Euros just for the leftie, a round 100 Euros for the setup by a luthier, a 150 Euros for both EMGs, and 15 Euros for strap-locks. I am sooooo happy with it!!!

If any Lefty-strung-righty player needs any input, advice or some techical help, i am offering myself. just write me a message, and i will try to help, i ve had a lot of problems and discussions with my style, so before you go through all that **** too, ask me.

If you want to see me play, go to youtube, our channel name is thesinkronik

Or visit my Bands page:
myspace - sinkronik

Cheers to all the guitarsonists!!!

row
sinkronik/germany

Last edited by sinkronik; 08-28-2010 at 02:20 AM.
sinkronik is offline   Reply With Quote