Music Banter - View Single Post - Thoughts From A Music Major
View Single Post
Old 08-27-2010, 05:34 PM   #2 (permalink)
VEGANGELICA
Facilitator

I'm so glad you've started a journal, Burning Down!

And I've learned something already. As I listened to Scott Joplin's "Elite Syncopations," I thought to myself, "Hey! That really reminds me of one of my favorite songs I remember hearing as a child: The Entertainer!"

So I looked up The Entertainer, and lo! It is by Scott Joplin! I never knew that. During elementary school, we used to have snacks in a room with a piano, and some precocious piano-playing kid often played The Entertainer. So now Graham Crackers and The Entertainer are always pleasantly associated in my mind. Also, my dad used to play The Entertainer sometimes in the evening, so when I hear it I feel as if I'm again peacefully snug in my childhood bed in the dark, listening to my dad playing the piano downstairs.

Here's The Entertainer, by Scott Joplin , on the off chance you haven't heard it:

If a chicken was smart enough to be able to speak English and run in a geometric pattern, then I think it should be smart enough to dial 911 (999) before getting the axe, and scream to the operator, "Something must be done! Something must be done!"
VEGANGELICA is offline   Reply With Quote