Music Banter - View Single Post - Chinese Traffic Jam
View Single Post
Old 08-27-2010, 07:59 PM   #20 (permalink)
crash_override
Seemingly Silenced

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burning Down View Post
Trains definitely relieve truck traffic on the roadways, and I think it's also a cheaper mode of transportation because more cargo can be carried in one trip. China has such a poor railway system that train transport between major cities is nearly impossible. Plus there's like 20 million people living in cities like Beijing and Shanghai, so you can expect bad congestion.
Trains were a big cause of traffic in my home-town in Indiana. The city was built with railroads running through the guts of the city, and some of the busiest roads intersected with some of the busiest, and slowest railways in the area. There are even spots where the trains hang out into the road when they are being loaded by the various factories in town and being prepared for the trip. I don't know if you've ever seen a train loaded, but it goes like this: train moves, train moves back, train moves forward, stops, train moves forward, stops, moves back, stops, moves forward, stops, moves back, stops, moves back, stops moves forward... etc. etc. etc...

I've waiting in train traffic for the better part of an hour at times, several times a day. It can be very frustrating, especially when you have a job that requires driving around town all day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OBEY
"Never trust your own eyes, believe what you are told".
crash_override is offline   Reply With Quote