Music Banter - View Single Post - Who is the Greatest of the Big Four of Thrash Metal?
View Single Post
Old 08-28-2010, 03:20 AM   #71 (permalink)
Unknown Soldier
Horribly Creative

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackhammer View Post
Testament's debut 'The Legacy' whilst rough around the edges is generally regarded as one of the best Thrash albums outside of the big four and rightly so. I personally think that they lost momentum with each subsequent album and regardless whether they dipped their toes into Death Metal later on, they had enough about them earl;y on to really make it. They made an album a couple of years back which was absolutely awful and stank of nu metal cheese and not in a pleasant, aromatic way either.

As for what Urban stated- he is entirely correct. Just because many bands turned out crap through utilising Hip Hop doesn't mean that the hybrid is without merit.

Both forms of music (discounting certain bands lyrics etc) are very similar. DIY music made in a garage and socially relavent.

I will still champion Mordred as the greatest and most influential band of this era though and many years above the usual contenders.
Despite "The Legacy" and its high regard I was never overly mad over it and preferred the following album "The New Order"

By the way, I`m not one of the people that has rubbished Anthrax on here, but just said they weren`t as good as the other big four in general, I even recognize "Among the Living" as one of the essential thrash albums of the era.

Mordred!!! Now there`s a long forgotten band.

Last edited by Unknown Soldier; 08-28-2010 at 04:03 AM.
Unknown Soldier is offline   Reply With Quote