Music Banter - View Single Post - Anyone play guitar left handed on a right handed guitar any advice?
View Single Post
Old 08-28-2010, 03:45 PM   #16 (permalink)
mr dave
nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinkronik View Post
Well, i know what you are talking about. believe me, i've had a couple of phonecalls with ESP's service, and was willing to invest serious cash in that KH-2, or the ouija. But heres the thing: ever take into consideration, that Kirk is a regular righty, and his signature guitar is only made for rightys? the only LH model available is, in fact, the KH 202 by LTD. Sad but true

So i even posted an order at ESP, but they didnt take the order seriously, at least the European distributer didnt care. ESP themself told me, they can only sell through the distributor, so....after a lot of stress i got a price quote for my custom KH 2: a round 6000 Euros (with the mods i need to be able to play, and a LH model). I didnt want to spend that much money on my second guitar, you know.
holy crap that's not cool! i had always heard great things about their customer service, guess that's not the case i was also under the impression ESP / LTD were one of the only manufacturer's out there that offered left handed models for the same price as their right handed equivalents. there's also something about their custom shop and its prices that is just obscene. i tried re-creating my LTD in there and it tripled in cost.

ultimately as long as your happy with it, then it's great from the sound of things you happened to start with this style by chance and happened to stick with it, which is definitely cool. the original topic was more about choosing to learn the instrument in an unconventional method as a way of being different (which is why so many of us saw issues with it)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bandteacher1 View Post
I type whicked fast,
mr dave is offline   Reply With Quote