Music Banter - View Single Post - Crash's Daily Reader
View Single Post
Old 08-28-2010, 06:36 PM   #44 (permalink)
crash_override
Seemingly Silenced

- 28 AUG 2010 -

So it's finally the weekend, although I find myself broke as a joke and I probably won't end up leaving the apartment until Monday morning. But it's worth it for the time off work alone after a week like last week. So today is a tribute to locking yourself away, detached from the outside world, which is seemingly the only way to avoid spending every penny you have these days. But, like always we'll make the best of it. So, to an uneventful weekend of relaxation and recollection, let's have some chill hipster tunage.

Song of The Day: Love Addicts by Mad Planet

Ok so, If you've heard of this band, I'm surprised. I discovered this gem of a regionally recognized So Cal band a few weeks back when they played at my local neighborhood hipster music festival. This duo has a great chill vibe and a great sound, both live and on record. They play as a 2 piece, consisting of a guy on drums and a female bassist/vocalist who has not only an amazing voice, but a great unique bass style as well. They also have some electronic stuff going on in the back, and occasionally mix in some hip-hop influence, which adds a great element to their sound. So I picked up a disk they had for sale at the show, with a few tunes on it, this song sticks out to me the most. Feel free to search for more of their music and information on MySpace, they also have a couple videos on YouTube. Overall, I say check this band out. They have a great sound with a chill vibe that won't put you to sleep unlike post-rock or some of that other "chill music" people are talking about these days. Keep it fresh, keep it interesting, and check out Mad Planet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OBEY
"Never trust your own eyes, believe what you are told".
crash_override is offline   Reply With Quote