Music Banter - View Single Post - Ke$ha
Thread: Ke$ha
View Single Post
Old 08-28-2010, 09:33 PM   #276 (permalink)
Consolator
¬¬!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Hatemonger View Post
Why?

Does it suddenly rival Pet Sounds once you get past the singles?
You're referring to the Beach Boys album, correct? I haven't listened to the album, so I'm not sure what you're getting at. Could you explain?

My point was that I'm sure you all have artists who may have released a single, and you ask yourself, "Why the hell did they release that particular song? Why didn't they release this song, or that song?" To me, that's the case with Ke$ha. I'm not fond of Tik-Tok or Take It Off, and wish she would have released, say, Hungover, or maybe the title track of her album, Animal. If I had completely written her off and ignored her at the initial release of Tik-Tok, I would have missed out on some of her other songs that I like. I guess I expected more of fellow music lovers, some of the previous comments remind me of pretentious people from my high school who are anti-anything remotely mainstream, even if they hadn't heard it. Why would you want to be like that? Why not listen to the stuff you like that's mainstream AND whatever indie/underground/obscure stuff you like. If it doesn't appeal to you, just say, "It doesn't really appeal to me." Simple as that. Also, is the generalizing against adolescents really necessary? You're being no better than morons who blindly worship the radio and shun anything obscure. Your stance is the complete opposite of theirs. If you think that you're somehow better than someone for boycotting the radio, I think you have some underlying confidence issues. Also, have you ever seen people that stop liking a band just because they went from being unknown to being popular? That's the vibe I'm getting from your posts, and I hope that I'm wrong.

Last edited by Consolator; 08-28-2010 at 09:58 PM.
Consolator is offline   Reply With Quote