Music Banter - View Single Post - Smoking in Bars/Public Places? Yea or Nay?
View Single Post
Old 08-29-2010, 11:40 AM   #163 (permalink)
LoathsomePete
Cardboard Box Realtor

I first got to legally drink in the UK where they had already banned smoking in pubs. I was mostly drinking at a Wetherspoons so with the family atmosphere it made sense that you couldn't smoke indoors. When I moved back to Vancouver the city council had just passed a no smoking law indoors or within 25 feet of doorways downtown. With that law it is technically illegal to smoke downtown because you are always within 25 feet of some doorway. The law also severely screwed up the hookah lounges that served the Muslim community, but they fought it and were excluded for the law. It also fucked over a lot of bars in the Vancouver area because many of them had recently built smoking rooms that were ventilated and everything so the smokers didn't have to go outside.

By the time I moved back down to the States I was already use to the idea of smoking outside, however in Nevada you can smoke in most places. However by then I had more or less given up smoking minus the pack or two here and there so now it doesn't even matter.
LoathsomePete is offline   Reply With Quote