Music Banter - View Single Post - The Toasty 50
Thread: The Toasty 50
View Single Post
Old 08-29-2010, 06:18 PM   #176 (permalink)
Zarko
Barely Disheveled Zombie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dayvan Cowboy View Post
hehe... you've been around BOC fanboys? As a member of the BOC forum Twoism, I come around some pretty bad ones. Also, the fanboys on the We Are The Music Makers forums can be pretty bad, but not as bad as the Twoismers.

And I've always seen Amon Tobin as an IDM act (especially on this album) because he wasn't slow enough to be any kind of Trip-Hop, and he isn't jazzy enough to be an electronic jazz artist, so I could only come up with the conclusion that he could belong in the dumping ground of IDM.

Also, I've been meaning to check out the Splinter Cell soundtrack, but for some reason, I have something against soundtracks, and there are a few that I've been meaning to DL, like the Inception Soundtrack (the music in that movie kicked major arse). I might get around to doing it.
Trip-DnB. Trip Hop doesn't have to be slow. Pretty fluent DnB influence throughout. In the end tho who gives a damn.

Soundtracks are only not worth getting when there's 8-9 different artists and you only like one. But with ones like SC, + the Silent Hill games, it's well worth checking them out.

Last edited by Zarko; 08-29-2010 at 06:26 PM.
Zarko is offline   Reply With Quote