Music Banter - View Single Post - What's your Favourite EDM genre?
View Single Post
Old 08-29-2010, 06:50 PM   #38 (permalink)
Freebase Dali
Partying on the inside

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackhammer View Post
I love Balearic Chillout- Afterlife, Chris Coco and Jose Padilla etc but then I do love Funky House when I'm in the mood but there are only great tracks and not outstanding artists.

Drum N Bass is one of my favourite genres but again the lack of pure quality albums limits the genre. You hear the odd outstanding track but rarely a full album. Calyx and Teebee released Anatomy a couple of years back which was decent Drum N Bass and the master LTJ Bukem has some great tracks out there but I haven't heard a top quality DnB album for a long while.

Danny Byrd's 'Weird Science' album is solid enough but very commercial too.

I would kill for a decent Breakbeat album and the only team that float my boat these days (apart from Prodigy) are Stanton Warriors and they have been quite lately.
I hear ya on all that.
Best you'll get most of the time are albums that are actually just DJ mixes from the artist.
That's typical with Drum & Bass and Breaks though, considering the market it's aimed at. I personally don't really mind not having albums of either genre. Having a catalog of bangin' singles from the artist is just as good.
Freebase Dali is offline   Reply With Quote