Music Banter - View Single Post - Black Label Society
View Single Post
Old 08-30-2010, 06:12 PM   #51 (permalink)
Dr_Rez
Registered Jimmy Rustler

Quote:
Originally Posted by crash_override View Post
I don't think the fact that he is having his own festival has anything to do with how good he is. Ozzfest is over and the world is in dire need of another white-trash metal festival, just good timing if anything.
Ozzfest is over? Thats odd considering its in the middle of its Worldwide tour right now in which almost every date has sold out already. Not to mention it is supposed to be running again next year. And white trash festival? Your are a pompus c*nt if you think that. Myself and a lot of other metal fans go because there is a shortage of good metal festivals in this area. I wasnt aware that being a fan of Black Sabbath, Ozzy, Rob Halford, Judas Priest, Motley Crue, and BLS was something to be ashamed of.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crash_override View Post
How can you say Zakk Wylde doesn't rely on the pick-squeel too much? it's all the guy ****ing does. He tries to use it to cover up his clear lack of dynamics during portions of the song where he's not shredding, but it's obvious. I'm ok with him as a guitar player, but I refute claims that he's a "guitar god' or even a frontman for that matter.
The man nailed countless Sabbath and Ozzy tunes for years while touring with Ozzy and you consider that all "pick-squealing"? Id like to see how many of your favorite guitarists nail Tony Iommi's sound, play all of Ozzy's classics, and make quite a few records of there own year after year. Not to mention the man is a fantastic rhythm player who constantly is involving the fans in his playing and shows.

I dont want to be mean here but you leave me now choice. Your argument is at best weak, and you back up nothing with any live experience or validity. You may not like the man but he is a phenomenally skilled guitarist. I dont feel like you even understand what pinch harmonics are and how many notirious metal guitarists have implemented them strongly into there playing.

ps. You started the Them Crooked Vultures thread on this forum, which is funny because Josh Homme has stated many times one of his biggest influences is Ozzy/Sabbath. So in review of this all...you fail.
*Shave one of my legs to pretend its a girl in my bed crew*

Last edited by Dr_Rez; 08-30-2010 at 06:18 PM.
Dr_Rez is offline   Reply With Quote