Music Banter - View Single Post - Black Label Society
View Single Post
Old 08-30-2010, 07:01 PM   #53 (permalink)
crash_override
Seemingly Silenced

You're right Rezz, I mean, what was I thinking... having an opinion? I must have been out of my mind, I assure you, it WILL NOT happen again. You have my word on that.

Now let's examine Wylde's "rendition" of Crazy Train. Let's just observe how he plays Randy Rhoads' part "perfectly". Now, let's ignore the ****ing pick squeel every 5th note (which occurs throughout the whole ****ing song), and how he puts the song off tempo AT LEAST 3 times with his ****ing ridiculous over-use of the ****ing thing. Also, observe the solo, and how it's played 1/2 as fast and twice as sloppy as Rhoads' version (it takes a lot of hard work to botch a classic solo that bad).

(also, watch closely, as this is one of the few times you will see titties on youtube)

Let me set the record straight. I'm a HUGE Sabbath fan, and NO ONE mimics, or even comes close to Iommi's sound. Bottom line is, Wylde may be a decent guitar player (which I made clear a few posts back, if you take the time to read), but he by far the worst guitarist Ozzy has ever played with for an extended period of time. Iommi, Rhoads, and ****, even Jake E. Lee are all light-years ahead of Wylde... and I assume that will be the case for some time to come.

As far as Ozzfest, and Zakk Wylde's "festival" goes... Don't get all butt-hurt because I, and everyone else who has eyes considers it white-trash. I consider myself white trash, I like most of those bands. Don't cry about it, embrace it, and continue to rock the **** out. But honestly, I heard this was going to be Ozzfest's last year (something we hear every year for the last 5 years straight).

In conclusion, I would like to sincerely apologize again for both having an opinion on the matter, and stating in the appropriate thread of discussion. It will not happen again, I swear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OBEY
"Never trust your own eyes, believe what you are told".
crash_override is offline   Reply With Quote