Music Banter - View Single Post - The Instrument Recommendation thread
View Single Post
Old 08-31-2010, 07:36 PM   #17 (permalink)
Stone Birds
myspace.com/stonebirdies

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr dave View Post
do you just mean to use it for controlling some virtual synth software on your laptop? in that case a MIDI controller should work fine and you can get small 2 octave deals.

M-AUDIO - Oxygen 25 - 25-Key USB MIDI Controller

just under 4 pounds and just shy of $200.

@CO - you're definitely right in being wary of pawn shops. it's definitely a buyer beware market, but they're not all bad, especially if you find one that pride's itself on being family friendly, though at that point they usually don't call themselves 'pawn shops' anymore. i've been lucky that my pawn shop of choice is one of those family places, there are some legitimately sketchy spots in this town too. the catch-22 in this situation is that the nicer spots usually have non-crackhead staff that are actually somewhat knowledgeable about the products they deal with so the odds of super deals are non-existent, but fair prices abound.

@Rezz - i haven't been to the store in a while but i doubt it's still there i should try to pop in this weekend just to see what's in stock. actually i get 3 pays this month and therefore really REALLY should not hahaha
yep basically that's the type of thing i need to get, problem is "money" i'm definately going to have to save up for this, but hopefully i'll get a portable at some point

//\\//\\/\\/\/\/\\\\\\\\///\/\/\/\/\\////\/\\\\\///\V

[Link removed by mod, no advertising] ... Damn those mods are always gettin ya :)
Stone Birds is offline   Reply With Quote