Music Banter - View Single Post - The Rap Education Thread
View Single Post
Old 08-31-2010, 11:17 PM   #100 (permalink)
y5nthon5a
Groupie

Can I just say?..

People always think I don't know hip hop because I listen to people like Flo Rida, Nelly, and other weak artists.(nothing like Soulja Boy though.)

People always think I don't know hip hop because my PERSONAL favorites, my top 10 includes people like Fat Joe/Pitbull, etc...

Thing is, I have my favorites. But I also know that people like Jay Z, Eminem, Joell Ortiz, Raekwon, etc are actually considered great rappers.

Fat Joe, Joell Ortiz, Pitbull, Jeezy, Chamillionaire, and others round out my top 10. Honestly, what's wrong with having an eclectic list of artists I listen to? If you only listen to the.... "real" hip hop, that doesn't mean crap. I listen to all of these kinds of artists, as well as pop/R&B (Jay sean, Jason DeRulo, Usher), country (Toby Keith), rock (Alter Bridge, Crossfade), and hip hop artists from one end of the spectrum(Royce Da 5'9) to the other (Hurricane Chris).

So yeah, the question I'm trying to ask, why doesn't anyone that considers themselves "real" hip hop fans consider me one at times? I think if you know a lot about hip hop, you are a real hip hop fan, even if your favorite rapper is... Soulja Boy. Who can dispute that?!
y5nthon5a is offline   Reply With Quote