Music Banter - View Single Post - 5th Essential Metal Band?
View Single Post
Old 09-01-2010, 12:08 AM   #54 (permalink)
fritter
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknown Soldier View Post
Whether they are considered a proper metal band or not is irrelevant! Lemmy`s influence on the metal scene especially in the late 70`s and early 80`s is huge. A major player in the NWOBHM scene, a major influence on Thrash and also the speed metal scene which I`d say they invented (they played faster material before Judas Priest got around to doing it, another band credited with the speed metal creators) and they were a major influence on the German speed metal bands of the time, such as Helloween and Blind Guardian etc These groups in turn would became highly influential with their European power metal sound.

The influence of Motorhead also stretches well beyond metal boundaries as well, but thats another story.
xEMGx was actually talking about Led Zeppelin I think. Who wouldn't consider Motorhead a metal band?

Anyways, W.A.S.P. is easily the greatest metal band of all time.

Okay maybe not. But seriously at least watch from 0:05 to 0:35 on that video. Pure awesomeness.

Last edited by fritter; 09-01-2010 at 12:38 AM. Reason: I just watched the video nonstop between now and when I made the post and I had to add "Pure Awesomeness"
fritter is offline   Reply With Quote