Music Banter - View Single Post - Which Influential Band Inspired The Worst Bands?
View Single Post
Old 09-01-2010, 12:56 AM   #86 (permalink)
mr dave
nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by fritter View Post
As I said there was probably no point in saying all that, and it's not pertinent to the thread topic, but this is the first time I've seen a bunch of people bringing up how they don't like Motley Crue (I haven't been here long though). I'm not shocked people here feel that way because most people with good taste in music don't like stuff that's stupid and ugly. I know Motley Crue won't win any converts here, and a couple years ago, I too considered myself above liking Motley Crue. But now I've explored the band's discography and I've read The Dirt, and I think Motley Crue is one of the most definitive rock bands ever and worth defending.
HELL YES! The Crue IS freaking awesome. while i personally despise the decadence of the sex, drugs, and rock and roll attitude, there's no denying that it was and still is a major element of rock music. to try denying that Motley Crue were one of the purest embodiments of this attitude is absolute folly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bandteacher1 View Post
I type whicked fast,
mr dave is offline   Reply With Quote