Music Banter - View Single Post - Lady Gaga
Thread: Lady Gaga
View Single Post
Old 09-01-2010, 06:56 PM   #1534 (permalink)
Consolator
¬¬!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalDiotima View Post
To clarify:

I do not dislike her music, since I do not listen to it enough to form an opinion. I do not dislike her as a person because I do not know her. I just think that it is irresponsible to spoon feed backwards ideals to millions of open-mouthed, impressionable people.
?

Watch her interviews. Gaga preaches acceptance and love (and albeit materialism as well.) She was an outcast in high school and she now wants to be the person that all the "weird people" can call their friend, even if only in heart. If she genuinely means that or is just saying that for publicity, I don't know. I'd like to think she means it out of the goodness of her heart. And besides, I know several people who Gaga has affected in a positive manner. There was also a big video made of people thanking Gaga for giving them the courage to have confidence in themselves, and some of the people talked about how they came out to their parents/friends, or how she helped them stop feeling so alone, etc. I think it was done on her birthday. Also, Gaga has been a part of several charity campaigns, including one with Verizon where she matched people's donations to help gay/bisexual youth who are kicked out of their homes by their parents. She's also a part of the VivaGlam Mac campaign, which encourages their customers to always use protection when having sex. All the proceeds of the lipsticks from the campaign go to AIDS research. And finally, although it's already been mentioned here, Gaga is an adamant supporter of gay rights and has strongly voiced her opinions on the matter in various interviews / events. I'll give you that a good amount (if not most) of her music lacks substance, but there is more to her than the music. As for her clothes, I agree. I wish she'd tone it down.
Consolator is offline   Reply With Quote