Music Banter - View Single Post - Lady Gaga
Thread: Lady Gaga
View Single Post
Old 09-02-2010, 02:44 AM   #1539 (permalink)
Mojo
Melancholia Eternally

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalDiotima View Post
To clarify:

I do not dislike her music, since I do not listen to it enough to form an opinion. I do not dislike her as a person because I do not know her. I just think that it is irresponsible to spoon feed backwards ideals to millions of open-mouthed, impressionable people.
I'm no Gaga fan at all, in fact I die a little inside whenever I hear her but she's a pop star, her image is all part of her appeal and a part of her job, her success will be defined by record sales and she will make a hell of a lot of money in the process.

Quite frankly i find your way of thinking tiring as i have heard it too many times now but there is more to music than the charts, of course there is. Not every artist out there is out to make money but also not every artist out there is writing music that is ever going to offer such an appeal to a wide range of people in the general public to ever make any money or get any recognition anyway. Pop music is all about popular music, the music that does have this appeal, the music that fills the top 40/top 100 charts all over the world, the music that shifts the most merchandise and the music that makes the most money but why hate on Gaga for this? Why not hate the thousands of pop stars just like her that came before her, made a lot of money and became idolised by impressionable teenagers all over the world before her?

If you're gonna hate on anything, hate a band for ditching their ethics to make some money (although i still couldn't give a toss about this either) instead of hating on a pop star for writing pop songs and making money.

Last.FM | Echoes and Dust
Mojo is offline   Reply With Quote