Music Banter - View Single Post - Top 5 Of Anything (Musically)
View Single Post
Old 09-02-2010, 11:05 AM   #1243 (permalink)
downwardspiral
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCunningStunt View Post
Haha, I know people like that. Get to teh barrier!!!!1¬`!!
But I like your way of giging, at the back where you can enjoy it more.
If I have alcohol, I'm much more paid back in crowded places.
Well, that's my excuse anyway.

I was just walking past, during the first song - to try and get a nice spot to watch the show and he grabbed hold of my hood and started pulling me back, so I hit him. He let go and I got away. I don't like violence, but I felt like I had to do something because it was muddy and I would've slipped if he kept pulling me back. So basically, I was your stereotypical Oasis fan -facepalm-

When you saw them, was it an outside venue? If not, you're lucky.
Oasis fans were pissing in cups and throwing them.
I had wee down my back.

Oasis fans were filled with people who were into them in the 90s, but one guy said to his wife "we're about to watch the best Rock N Roll band in history." it was like lol. No.
He had a Liam Gallagher esque hair cut and he was in his late 40s.
The Pixies/Dinosaur JR fans probably aren't delluded scum though.
I'd have to go if they came to Manchester.
The worst part about it, I actually know someone who works at the ticket office and he can get tickets for where ever. Yet I still don't ever go.

Yeah man, being at the back for gigs is definitely how I prefer it. At Leeds this year, the only bands I went forward for were Arcade Fire and Queens Of The Stone Age, that's only because the general crowd at Leeds these days have no taste and the main stage just emptied after The Libertines/Biffy Clyro.. so there was space down near the front.

And that's fair enough then, I've hit someone before as well at a gig and felt like a twat afterwards but they deserved it. We went to see The Strokes a few months ago and Vampire Weekend subbed to them, this complete scally was stood infront of us during VW with his girlfriend and he had his hands down her pants.. urgh, and he threw a lit ciggy into the crowd and was pushing us and being lairy so I just gave him a dig to the back of the head and he moved away. Honestly not a violent person at all but people just make my blood boil at times. And with Oasis, the first time I watched them was at the echo arena here and the second time was at heaton park in Manchester which was outdoors.. the crowd for the second time was the worst ever, I saw so many people fighting and being idiots. Saw a few stewards being attacked as well. It was all cool though because we ended up getting a full refund cos Oasis had sound troubles haha, awesome.

I <3 Manchester for gigs as well, you should go to more. There are so many bands playing there over the next few months. I'm really looking forward to Belle and Seb. Gutted I'm away for Arcade Fire though but I'm gonna try and get to one of the London dates I think. Besides Manchester Central is a horrific venue.

downwardspiral is offline   Reply With Quote