Music Banter - View Single Post - Favorite Cigarette Brand?
View Single Post
Old 09-02-2010, 11:24 AM   #151 (permalink)
SATCHMO
Al Dente

Quote:
Originally Posted by VEGANGELICA
I think here: http://www.musicbanter.com/920393-post120.html

Don't you feel health issues relate to smokers' favorite cigarette brands? Some smokers choose their favorite brand partly because they think the brand is safer than another. For example, apparently many smokers still think incorrectly that low-tar cigarettes are safer, and so select those brands (such as Carlton):

"Even today, many smokers think that low-tar or so-called light or ultra-light cigarettes are better for them than full-strength smokes. Because reducing tar levels also tends to lower nicotine levels, studies have shown that smokers inadvertently compensate for the loss of the nicotine. The rise of the filter cigarette was more a marketing ploy than anything else. There was little evidence to suggest that filter cigarettes were any healthier than regular cigarettes, and the tobacco companies' own researchers knew this to be the case." NOVA Online | Search for a Safe Cigarette | "Safer" Cigarettes: A History
I have no issue with the factual basis of your claim. I am only asserting that you have an uncanny habit for turning a thread that is not intended for the debate of serious issues into one that is. If you wish to start a thread to discuss the health problems related to smoking, you are free to do that.

I myself have never chosen a tobacco based on how "healthy" I thought the product might be. I've only chosen cigarettes based on flavor and enjoyment, with the exception of when I used to smoke American Spirit Organic Rolling Tobacco, which is healthier than a non-organic tobacco, but not healthy.

Unfortunately, not too long ago, RJ Reynolds bought out the Santa Fe Tobacco company and has begun bio-engineering the tobacco that they use for the organic blend to have exorbitantly high nicotine levels. I guess nothing remains sacred for very long.
SATCHMO is offline   Reply With Quote