Music Banter - View Single Post - The Official Green Day Thread
View Single Post
Old 07-12-2005, 12:22 PM   #655 (permalink)
sleepy jack
isfckingdead

Partisan your right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FunkyFish
Green Day have started out as punk and just because they are successful now doesn't make them any less punk. I'm into all the great punk bands like the clash and social D and i really wish people would stop trying to label them.

I thought i would put it in the punk forum because i would class them as punk even though lately they've have appealed to pop people. I have always classed them alongside people like the clash and don't see why i should do different now.

This genre thing is a bunch of **** and if anyone wanted to comment on what i wrote about they should've and not tried to take the piss out of my thread being in the punk section. I'm beginning to question wether you lot come on here to slag or actually to talk about music.
Its not really that punk to ditch your old label and green day are barley punk really and seeing as you dont know much about punk green day dont even have the right attitude.Green day back when they wer "sweet children" weren't excepted by the punk crowd at all cause they were to poppy.Green day are nowhere near the clash in sound at all they arent punk their pop bull**** that's always on MTV.
sleepy jack is offline   Reply With Quote