Music Banter - View Single Post - My Musical Opinion
View Single Post
Old 09-03-2010, 12:41 PM   #13 (permalink)
Exeggcute :3
Music Addict

So Imran, what do you actually listen to?

I am quite proud of the variation in my top 50 or so, definitely better than some people whose top 20 or so are all by the same artist! :P Obviously my favourite bands do come out, Hollywood Undead especially which is strange as there are very few other Rap Metal bands up there, Limp Bizkit being the only other. I'll take you through my top 5

This Love This Hate / Sell Your Soul - Hollywood Undead

A perfect song in my opinion, the verses are lyrically well crafted, a really good sounding catchy chorus and the bit that would take the place of the third verse that I can't remember what it's called. The bit that start "And I'm floating right above my coffin..." I think the reason I love this song so much is I can listen to it no matter what mood I'm in, it's an amazing track (I'm running out of superlatives to describe it :P) and wholly deserves it's place at the top of my list.

Set Me On Fire - Pendulum

A beautiful Dubstep (or at least what Pendulum would have us believe Dustep is) track. This is one of the successes of the search for good sounds in Electronic music. The way that all the sounds work together in the main section of the music is pretty orgasmic tbh. I'm a big fan of the most musical sound in that section (it is also used to good effect in "the vulture") and throughout the album iirc. Fantastic track that I think is pretty laid back. It's managed to make it's way onto pretty much every one of my "mood" playlists. Very versatile track

Not In Love / Untrust Us - Crystal Castles

Two very similar songs, one form the first album, one from the second album. Untrust us is the anthem from the first album, the track that introduced me to Crystal Castles in the first place and encouraged me to buy their first self titled album. Not in Love is the 5th or so song that struck me as top quality on the second crystal castles album and is another one that I can listen to in any mood. It's got quite a melancholy feel to it, whilst still being a top electronic track!

On Melancholy Hill - Gorillaz

Another laid back track from the Gorillaz new album. There are again so many good tracks on this album, and I am even myself quite surprised that I've listened to this one more than I have some of the others (I would have said that Glitter Freeze is my favourite), both of these are pretty electronicy which I think is why I like them the best. Top track!

Omen (Reprise) - The Prodigy

This is an example of me liking the stranger tracks on albums. Omen (Reprise) is certainly not the headline tracks on the album, in fact it's probably more of an afterthought, but it really is an excellent track. Again more laib back or melancholy, as most of my most listened to tracks generally are, so you know, there's a trend I hadn't realised until recently!