Music Banter - View Single Post - member bans
Thread: member bans
View Single Post
Old 09-04-2010, 04:36 PM   #12 (permalink)
Freebase Dali
Partying on the inside

Quote:
Originally Posted by crash_override View Post
Word on the street is, Captain Caveman brought back Chilly Monk, his infamous alter-ego from the Chollie Mank saga at some point last night. And was subsequently banned for posting spam-like comments and posts in the shoutbox. I'm not sure if there was any posting on the boards involved. This is all strictly allegedly BTW. I have no factual evidence to back this up.

I do agree that both boo boo's 1-month band, and this CC ban, were seemingly much too harsh for the offenses committed. At least from my perspective. boo boo essentially got banned for having a bad day in the shoutbox, his ban was given out of haste IMO.
Again, it's not the specific event that causes these things. It's the culmination of a shit load of specific events that clearly demonstrate a user is not willing to play by the rules.
The thing people need to remember is the general MB population is not going to have the full story about what gets moderated most of the time, nor is it our job to have a sit-down with the members of this site to vote on how we should moderate it. So naturally, the result is going to be that the members see a punishment for which they only see part of the offense. As a result, you're going to have a skewed perspective of it.
While no one is asking you to not have your own opinion about it, we do ask that you'll take into account the fact that we make decisions based on a lot more information than most are privy to, individually. I would hope that this fact agrees between us all that the moderators are a little more qualified to make the judgments, based on evidence.