Music Banter - View Single Post - Whats happened?!
View Single Post
Old 07-12-2005, 02:42 PM   #9 (permalink)
hookers with machineguns
Music Addict

Too many members bring their A-game to the Lounge. I complained about this with a great deal of drama, ended up having everyone hate me, and then got made a mod a week later. Just goes to show that... I dunno where I'm going with this. Although i admit my reign of terror isn't quite as frightening as I hoped.

There are also too many newbs who's primary focus is post whoring in the Lounge. If 95% of your posts belong to the Lounge in a Music forum, that is pretty sad. Not the cute kind of sad.

Basically when all the attention is going to newbs, girl catfights, and popular post whores, the members that actually give a f*ck about music will inevitably feel unrespected, which is why you are seeing that a large majority of "good" posters have left or are fading away.

But as far as I can remember, people have always complained about musicbanter, about something or other. It's our nature to complain. But you have to realize, if the postwhores don't have anyone paying attention to them, they'll go away. Remember that Simpsons Halloween episode with the attacking billboard ads? Yeah, and that song Paul Anka sang. It's just like that. "Just don't look, just don't look. dee dee dee dee"