Music Banter - View Single Post - Hello Everyone
Thread: Hello Everyone
View Single Post
Old 09-05-2010, 08:10 AM   #3 (permalink)
Zalfor
Groupie

Welcome to the forums ^_^ I hope you enjoy it. I'm also new here and I find the forum to be quite the interesting meld of musical ideas and discussions so far. I listen to 60s/70s music all the time(I'd rather listem to some Hollies, The Who or Guess Who, Pink Floyd or Queen any day of the week) with only doses of 80s-00s when I feel like some hardcore dancing. I agree with you that the crap that makes it to the mainstream nowadays is a pathetic excuse for music, but as a person once said, "There is a big difference between an artist and a musician".

And as for country, country has been trying to become rock for quite some time. I dislike most of the country music made in the 80s to now but I can't say I hate Johnny Cash or John Denver or many other country artists before the 80s. I actually enjoy some country-rock melded music sometimes like Molly Hatchet, The Outlaws, Quicksilver Messenger Service and Ozark Mountain Daredevils. So you're not the only one that thinks country has lost its way
Zalfor is offline   Reply With Quote