Music Banter - View Single Post - The Realm Of Soft Delusions - The Smashing Pumpkins' Discography Reviewed
View Single Post
Old 09-05-2010, 09:54 AM   #24 (permalink)
SGR
No Ice In My Bourbon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nine Black Poppies View Post
It is, but I dunno. Listening to them recently, I agree with most of the choices for what was put on MCIS. I'd switch out "We Only Come Out at Night" and "Cupid de Locke" or "Lily" for the two Aeroplane songs I mentioned (and maybe replace "Take Me Down" with "The Boy" as far as James goes), but other than that, Billy and Flood did a pretty good job of sorting through the songs. It's a really strong album, especially for being as long as it is.
The thing with "Take Me Down," is that it ends the first disc better than any other James song could have, at least in my opinion, so I would say no on replacing "Take Me Down" with "The Boy." I would definitely keep "Cupid De Locke" but I would probably replace something on the second disc with "The Aeroplane Flies High (Turns Left, Looks Right)." That song is just too much of a monster to leave off the album.

There is also quite a few greats on the "Tonight, Tonight" single. I think Billy could have made Mellon Collie a triple album, and it still would have been incredible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero1986 View Post
'Beautiful' is definitely a song that grows on you and it's one of my favourite songs on the second cd. It's a really nice mellow and well written song and Billy and D'arcys' dual vocals sound really well together. But I really love the ending where it fades out and you can hear Billy's voice reverberating.
Yeah, I definitely agree.
SGR is offline   Reply With Quote