Music Banter - View Single Post - Dubstep vs. Electro
View Single Post
Old 09-05-2010, 05:42 PM   #13 (permalink)
jackhammer
Ba and Be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SATCHMO View Post
Burial seems to be the only dubstep that I can really get into. I wish there were more in the genre that are as good as he is, but unfortunately, in my opinion, no one even comes close:

Although I do like Burial they are rarely ( or him in this case) rarely talked off in Dubstep terms and reside in the trip hop/ambient 2 step genre.

Dubstep is generally viewed as having heavy basslines that are generated electronically as opposed to organically with basic drum tracks but he is still a great entry but then again the emphasis is sometimes on the very nature of Dub which was also about reverb and echo with sporadic basslines

If you want something similar to Burial, then I definitely recommend Clubroot:

As for recommendations for Dubstep and the claim that it's it's the 'coolness' factor. Well I can understand that in a way as it's a new thing but over here in the U.K it's virtually been and gone due to the fickle and transient nature of Electronica here so only the tunes with 'big' sounds may be what people are looking for and not the fact that the scene has begun to move on already.

I can only really recommend the usual suspects from here as in:

Kode 9 & The Spaceape:

Benga:

Bands like:
Disrupt
Distance
Dub Terror
Milanese
The Bug
have some great tracks but a solid album seems to be elusive.

“A cynic by experience, a romantic by inclination and now a hero by necessity.”
jackhammer is offline   Reply With Quote