Music Banter - View Single Post - Albums You're Digging II
View Single Post
Old 09-06-2010, 08:32 AM   #5153 (permalink)
Seltzer
Fish in the percolator!

All I've been listening to lately is Swans and Wire, but I've found time to check out the Dog on Wheels EP from Belle and Sebastian. I have to say, I'm pleasantly surprised at how much I like it. Completely unexpected.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiSTANToblivion View Post

Arguably his best album.
Good album that, if a bit patchy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by downwardspiral View Post
I've been meaning to get into Ween for a while now. Mainly 'cause I know one of the guys contributed towards a few tracks on Songs For The Deaf which is one of my favourite albums, so they've always intrigued me.

Too many bands in the world and not enough ears. I need to book a week off work to listen to some new shit.
You should check out their Mollusk album and don't be put off by the fact they're comedy rock because it's good stuff. I wasn't as impressed by Chocolate and Cheese but it's not bad. I still haven't heard Pure Guava.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoathsomePete View Post

Camel - Mirage (1974)

I've really been expanding my prog rock collection in the last few weeks, but this is an album that really captivated me. After listening to this album I see who influenced Opeth's progressive elements.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janszoon View Post
Sounds like I'm going to have to track down some Cerebral Fix!

Hey, speaking of you and good, loud music, the other day I got a hold of Sodom's "Agent Orange" based on one of your posts from a couple years ago. Great album!
Love that album. Sodom is my fav of the German lot and M-16 is actually a pretty decent piece of modern thrash.