Music Banter - View Single Post - Musicbanter Improvement Thread
View Single Post
Old 09-07-2010, 12:35 PM   #641 (permalink)
Freebase Dali
Partying on the inside

Quote:
Originally Posted by VEGANGELICA View Post
Hey, they have quite a few interesting sites besides ours, such as my favorites: "How Products are Made," "Encyclopedia of Children's Health," "Nutrition and Well-being A to Z," "Encyclopedia of the Unusual and Unexplained" (!) and "Religious Forums."

I decided to look up four topics using these sites, and was pleased with the results, which were very informative and quite accurate: hockey pucks, circumcision, veganism, and space aliens.

I learned:

See, the I.T. team must be busy scouring their sites and making sure everything is ship-shape, with accurate puck and alien information!

Actually, one big advantage I see in *not* having a lot of contact with the owners is that this site is fairly free in terms of what people can say or cannot say in their posts. Some sites don't let you discuss a whole range of topics freely. For example, at another fine music forum, I asked the administrator if I could make a post about free speech, and I was told it would probably be closed quite quickly because of people arguing! (!!!)

So, although other music sites might have a few prettier amenities, I still prefer MB. And I'm not just saying that to suck up in case the owners are visiting. Really. No, really!
I don't think they really care.
This is only one of their many websites. As long as they keep it up and running, and reasonably maintained so all the members don't run off, then that's as far as they'll take it. They're not here to give us the best forum experience we could ask for, or make the best forum on the internet, so bugging the admins about stuff like that is only going to annoy them. It's hard enough for even the mods to get stuff pushed through. Please don't clog the pipes.
Freebase Dali is offline   Reply With Quote