Music Banter - View Single Post - Epic Song Moments
View Single Post
Old 09-07-2010, 02:54 PM   #1 (permalink)
RVCA
( ̄ー ̄)

Default Epic Song Moments

I searched for a similar thread but it was tough and my search proved unfruitful.

I thought it would be cool to share our favorite "song moments", so to speak. You know... those parts that send shivers down your spine and elevate the song to an otherwise unattainable god-like status.

What inspired this thread is Led Zeppelin's "All My Love", and particularly, the synthesizer solo that begins around 2:30, which beautifully transitions into a plucked-string acoustic guitar solo, and ends with a brief electric guitar solo.

Another moment for me occurs in the song "You Won't Know" by Brand New. What makes this moment so epic is really the context in which it occurs. The songs begins very slowly, almost mournfully so. Eventually it picks it up into a frenzy of Lacey's screaming overlaying screeching guitars, but around 4:20 it slows back down to mimic the way the song began. At this point, Lacey sings

Quote:
So they say,
They say in heaven
There's no husbands and wives
On the day that I show up
They'll be completely out
Of their forgiveness supplies
And I can't use the telephone
To tell you that I'm dead and gone
So you won't know

You won't know...
and he repeats the last line several times before the song ends. I distinctly remember driving home from school one warm summer day and having a sudden onset of chills thanks to the last leg of this beautiful song.

Last edited by RVCA; 01-22-2011 at 12:49 PM.
RVCA is offline   Reply With Quote