Music Banter - View Single Post - Where do you get your music/music information?
View Single Post
Old 09-07-2010, 03:10 PM   #8 (permalink)
Mojo
Melancholia Eternally

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emsanders View Post
I knew this comment was coming. I use advanced search every time that I post a thread and there always seems to be a thread that already exists bout the topic I'm posting about. Makes me look foolish...getting old.
I wouldn't worry about this one. I have a feeling there IS a thread or two like this already but it's a tricky one to search for. I just tried and a few different keywords and I can't find one. If any of the other mods can find them, they will merge the threads together.

Anyway, i tend only use this site and Last.fm 90% of the time. I have a few mates who have good, varied, tastes in music and so sometimes i get into some stuff through them. I use Rate Your Music from time to time, mainly when easing myself into a genre I am not familiar with. If i find a good blog that I have gotten a few good albums from then i bookmark it and might raid it occasionally.

I can't really think of anything else. I used to visit the odd music-related site (ie DiS and a few others) and in the past I have been known to buy music magazines but I don't do any of that anymore.

EDIT: Oh and sometimes i look up a genre on Wikipedia, pull a list of artists and just pick random bands from it. I dont know if anyone else does this?

Last.FM | Echoes and Dust
Mojo is offline   Reply With Quote