Music Banter - View Single Post - Cultural Identity
View Single Post
Old 09-07-2010, 10:45 PM   #22 (permalink)
glastonelle
lets make a mess, lioness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanilla View Post
Not only that you can drive 20 minutes out of town and you are in a beautiful forest where you can go for long walks past waterfalls and native birds.
Towns so full of parks it basically is a forest with waterfalls and native birds

I love that NZ is so laidback too, and I love how every man here more or less has a beard. How we always put 'aye' at the end of our sentences, and I love the rocky NZ beaches that have more in common with gravel than sand. I love how much I hate stubbies, and how much L&P is worshipped here. I love the millions of sheep and how everyone else sees as the place with hobbits. How much we hate Australians, and how its like a sibling to us. The pavlovas and the buzzy bee and the goodnight kiwi. I love NZ humour, because its so weird and no other cultures seem to get it. We have an awkward stereotype now thanks to Flight of the Conchords but I love that too. I feel fuzzy when I go overseas and see someting that reminds me of NZ. I love the millions of reservations and parks, and all the maraes you can visit. And holy crap, PINEAPPLE LUMPS. Choooice.
glastonelle is offline   Reply With Quote