Music Banter - View Single Post - Musicbanter Improvement Thread
View Single Post
Old 09-08-2010, 08:23 AM   #646 (permalink)
VEGANGELICA
Facilitator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freebase Dali View Post
I don't think they really care.
This is only one of their many websites. As long as they keep it up and running, and reasonably maintained so all the members don't run off, then that's as far as they'll take it. They're not here to give us the best forum experience we could ask for, or make the best forum on the internet, so bugging the admins about stuff like that is only going to annoy them. It's hard enough for even the mods to get stuff pushed through. Please don't clog the pipes.
My point was that it may actually be better not to have the owners pay much heed to MusicBanter, because this could reduce freedom of expression of the members.

This is based on my experience at another music forum that has nice features (such as music playlists in your profiles) but where no one is even allowed to talk about religion in the lounge. And of course, that site allows no conversations about sex, since the site rules prohibit this...just like ours do!
If a chicken was smart enough to be able to speak English and run in a geometric pattern, then I think it should be smart enough to dial 911 (999) before getting the axe, and scream to the operator, "Something must be done! Something must be done!"
VEGANGELICA is offline   Reply With Quote