Music Banter - View Single Post - Lady Gaga
Thread: Lady Gaga
View Single Post
Old 09-08-2010, 09:48 AM   #1581 (permalink)
VEGANGELICA
Facilitator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goblin Tears View Post
The latest shoot from mega popstar LADY GAGA!

Hmmm. A commentary on misogyny in the music industry (women sexualised and treated like 'pieces of meat'), or is this an anti-carnivore vendetta? Please discuss your DISGUST.
Well, well, well...if this isn't THE perfect storm of anti-feminist and anti-animal images to arouse the riled and wild beast in me, I don't know what is!

I'd say Gaga's meat picture isn't an anti-carnivore message...otherwise they wouldn't have used real flesh. So, it is an attempt to point out how women are treated like meat...bodies to be consumed sexually without any care for the sentience of the individual within. But, like Tumor says...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TumorAttitude View Post
I don't eat meat and I think its icky.......
if its a comment on misogiony in the music industry (treating women like pieces of meat, only as good as their asses, ect.) then its not a very good one, considering she's sexually posed and naked....or is that a look of disgust on her face? Can't tell.
Lady Gaga's "naked truth" meat picture reminds me of PETA's ad campaigns that have naked women in cages to try to get people not to harm animals. Or nearly naked women with a piece of fur under their underpants...to try to show how women wouldn't go out with their own fur showing, so they shouldn't wear fur.

The PETA ads end up objectifying women for the sake of animals...since we all know there's nothing wrong with furry women, right? ...the reverse of Lady Gaga treating animals poorly for the sake of women (supposedly):

If a chicken was smart enough to be able to speak English and run in a geometric pattern, then I think it should be smart enough to dial 911 (999) before getting the axe, and scream to the operator, "Something must be done! Something must be done!"

Last edited by VEGANGELICA; 09-08-2010 at 09:54 AM.
VEGANGELICA is offline   Reply With Quote