Music Banter - View Single Post - Lady Gaga
Thread: Lady Gaga
View Single Post
Old 09-08-2010, 10:18 AM   #1582 (permalink)
Goblin Tears
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by VEGANGELICA View Post
Well, well, well...if this isn't THE perfect storm of anti-feminist and anti-animal images to arouse the riled and wild beast in me, I don't know what is!

I'd say Gaga's meat picture isn't an anti-carnivore message...otherwise they wouldn't have used real flesh. So, it is an attempt to point out how women are treated like meat...bodies to be consumed sexually without any care for the sentience of the individual within. But, like Tumor says...

Lady Gaga's "naked truth" meat picture reminds me of PETA's ad campaigns that have naked women in cages to try to get people not to harm animals. Or nearly naked women with a piece of fur under their underpants...to try to show how women wouldn't go out with their own fur showing, so they shouldn't wear fur.

The PETA ads end up objectifying women for the sake of animals...since we all know there's nothing wrong with furry women, right? ...the reverse of Lady Gaga treating animals poorly for the sake of women (supposedly):
Actually, I didn't say anything anti-feminist or anti-animal, lol. And there is a big difference between GaGa's shoot and that Peta one. Lady G's inspires disgust and is highly unlikely to arouse any men unless they have some weird tastes, and, well, if she were wearing a grandma jumper while she was doing that shoot, her point would hardly come across, now would it?
Goblin Tears is offline   Reply With Quote