Music Banter - View Single Post - The Explain Why You Like This Album ('cause i don't understand) Thread
View Single Post
Old 09-08-2010, 04:08 PM   #775 (permalink)
Unknown Soldier
Horribly Creative

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalDiotima View Post
Well, there doesn't seem to be a lot of conversation about metal bands on here so maybe I won't get much help with this but:

As a true and genuine metal head I have always found myself apart from the rest on this one subject...

SLAYER.

This isn't really about a particular album but the band in general. I haven't heard all of their albums but that's because the one's I've heard just didn't do it for me. Maybe someone could point me in the direction of a particular album I should definitely check out? Also it would be nice to know why so many people like them so that I know what to look for.

I mean, honestly, the song Angel of Death alone is enough to make me hate them. I can't get over the repeated screaming of the phrase Angel of Death over and over and over and over and over again for long enough to even try listening to the instruments. I just don't think they're that special and on top of that, even if their music were amazing...

THEY ARE F***ING CHRISTIANS!!! How can anyone respect them? I just don't get it.
Slayer play a brand of very heavy and aggressive metal, you either like it or you don`t. There`s not too many metal bands out there, that play with the same intensity, heaviness, musical ability and overall consistency. They`ve been around for some time now, and the consistency level of their albums is pretty amazing, and they`ve never really deviated from their root thrash sound.

Angel of Death is early Slayer, hence basic Slayer but for some their finest moment, personally I prefer their material just after this.

The influence of Slayer is immense in metal. The whole death metal scene is rooted in the Slayer sound, practically all the central European thrash bands have been influenced by Slayer, and a multitude of half baked metal wannabe bands have tried to emmulate them.

I would without hesitation, put them into a top ten of greatest and most influential metal bands of all time.

When I think of the phrase "No Compromise" I think Slayer.
Unknown Soldier is offline   Reply With Quote