Music Banter - View Single Post - what you think about Sivertone Guitar and amp?
View Single Post
Old 09-08-2010, 05:35 PM   #2 (permalink)
mr dave
nothing

there's nothing wrong with starting on a Silvertone... THOUGH there are a few things you should be aware of / watch out for first before spending money.

i'm assuming you're buying used since you talk about checking it out later in the week. nothing wrong with that, just make sure the instrument has a straight neck and stays in tune. give it a few ridiculous super bends to see how it handles. also try to plug it in and check the various settings on the guitar to make sure the electronics are cool and there's no major crackling or indication of shorts in the wiring.

Silvertone's were the Sears brand instrument for years, their early models from the 60s are actually very sought after by collector's and people who like quirky guitars with unique tones (Beck and Jack White are known to be big fans). don't expect it to sound like a Les Paul or a Strat though, it's going to have its own sound, even if it is a more recent model.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bandteacher1 View Post
I type whicked fast,
mr dave is offline   Reply With Quote