Music Banter - View Single Post - The Explain Why You Like This Album ('cause i don't understand) Thread
View Single Post
Old 09-09-2010, 01:41 AM   #787 (permalink)
Unknown Soldier
Horribly Creative

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalDiotima View Post
So I just went back and listened to some of my slayer albums and I think I put my finger on why I don't like them. Honestly, their instrumentals are amazing. Like... f***in great.

But Tom Araya's vocals just irritate me. They are so horrible. I wish I could describe why I don't like them... i guess it just sounds like he's yelling over and over and over again with the same tone at the same volume level and it pains me to try to listen to a whole album of it. It just overwhelms the bomb instrumentals.

The other reason I can't get into them is I can't get over what utter liars they are. I mean... they are christians. They are genuine, god-fearing, christians.
Its like most groups, if you can`t stand the voice or the singing style of the main man you`re never really going to get into them. As for Tom Araya yelling over the music, it compliments perfectly given that its probably the only way he`s ever going to be heard.

Why are they utter liars? And why do you keep bringing up the christian issue all the time?
Unknown Soldier is offline   Reply With Quote