Music Banter - View Single Post - Church Plans on Burning Qur'an on September 11th
View Single Post
Old 09-10-2010, 03:22 AM   #25 (permalink)
Zaqarbal
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odyshape View Post
Within the christian religion there is nothing that says people of the christian faith must be tolerant of other religions. The way it looks to me is its a superstitious person getting angry at other people for holding superstitions and endangering others in the process.
Exactly. That's the point. It's about a blatant lack of rationalism. Someone has to say the obvious once and for all:

It's only PAPER!!!!!

Hypothesis: an integrist enters a bookshop, buys some atheist or agnostic books, and burns them near my home. I wouldn't waste one single second thinking about it. I have a lot of better things to do. Because I don't deify paper. Paper is only paper.

If the integrist message is "I hate you so much", that's nothing new. We already know about integrists' hatred. What's the difference between saying "I hate Islam so much" and burning a Quran?. Answer: a few grams of burned paper. That pastor, Terry Jones, has already said all what he thinks about Islam. What's left, then?. Only the final RITUAL. That's all. The burning RITUAL. All this scandal because of a simple integrist ritual?

According to certain politically correct views, "all beliefs must be respectable". Bullshit!! If you believe that the Earth is flat, your belief is worth a shit. If you believe that religious books are made of "supernatural paper", your belief is worth a shit.