Music Banter - View Single Post - Lady Gaga
Thread: Lady Gaga
View Single Post
Old 09-10-2010, 12:47 PM   #1613 (permalink)
ImmortalDiotima
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goblin Tears View Post
Well, imo, the onus is on the fans to learn about the artists they like. What do you want Lady GaGa to do? Call around to all her fans at their homes and give them financial advice and budget tips? You're either being playful, or are completely at odds with reality.
You and I obviously live in two alternate universes.

If people in america were expected to do their research, presidential candidates wouldn't need to spend millions of dollars to send their messages. They could simply have a website and people would have to have the responsibility of finding out information for themselves.

Sadly, that is not the world we live in. 30% of highschool graduates in america couldn't point to america on a map. 10% of american high school graduates think that california is a country. (I wish I could find the study that showed this, I had it bookmarked but i guess it's gone. I'll try to track it down for you. it was presented to me in sociology.)

The point is, if you have so many fans who are so far from being able to think for themselves that they are as obsessed with you as so many people in america are, I think you have a responsibility to make sure you are sending the right message.

As far as her lyrics... I'm not familiar with them except for the few videos I've seen in and around telephone (which is definitely not anti-materialistic). If they are anti-materialistic then I would be so so so so so pleased and happy. Could you show me an example of one of her lyrics that is anti-materialistic?
ImmortalDiotima is offline   Reply With Quote