Music Banter - View Single Post - Church Plans on Burning Qur'an on September 11th
View Single Post
Old 09-10-2010, 02:08 PM   #54 (permalink)
duga
MB quadrant's JM Vincent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Seussicide View Post
Is Zaqarbal of the belief that burning the Qur'an is a trivial matter? And that the freedom of speech mantra outweighs the blatant disrespect associated with the burning of a religious scripture? I basically have no religion, but, I am Presbyterian by birth, and I've learned the value of respect for other people's religious beliefs even though I find it difficult to agree with their preachings, practices and traditions basically most of the times. But the unnecessary repercussions that could result from partaking in such a narrow minded, simplistic train of thought idea is severe enough to make even the most academically ignorant person realize that it just simply doesn't make sense. What's the point to prove in doing something such as that? There is none.
This is the biggest problem I have with atheists and agnostics. They become all gung ho about how they "realized" god doesn't exist or religion is bogus. Then they are willing to just go off on it all the time to people that really don't deserve it. Honestly, those people are behaving just as bad as an in your face zealot. My ex girlfriend was like that and we always got into arguments about it. I was raised a Catholic so I feel I have a good perspective when it comes to these matters. Be critical but respectful. I don't want people to get on to me for not believing in god just like I'm sure people don't want me to get onto them for believing.