Music Banter - View Single Post - member bans
Thread: member bans
View Single Post
Old 09-11-2010, 07:28 PM   #104 (permalink)
Freebase Dali
Partying on the inside

Quote:
Originally Posted by bungalow View Post
there is really no reason to ever ban anyone except spammers. if you can't handle someone calling you names on the internet, you need to grow up. call them names back. this is the internet, have some fun, act like a crazy person. everyone here takes themselves far too seriously. people who want to have music discussions will still have music discussions. the forum doesn't go to hell when you allow craziness to exist. it becomes much more entertaining.
I dunno... It seems to me that if you need to use a music discussion forum as a place to insult other people on the internet, you need to grow up. I'm sure there are other forums that probably specifically cater to that. Why not go fulfill the urge elsewhere?
I can understand occasional spats, but some things do need to be addressed, and whether you think this place would still be as successful as it is if it was filled with people throwing shit at each other all day is irrelevant. On a website where curse words are filtered and disturbing content is not allowed, it's pretty safe to assume the owners of this site don't want people going "crazy" on it. That's why it has moderators. If you don't like how someone runs their business, there are plenty of other places out on the internet that may accommodate your preferences.