Music Banter - View Single Post - Church Plans on Burning Qur'an on September 11th
View Single Post
Old 09-11-2010, 09:47 PM   #106 (permalink)
Trauma
snickers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freebase Dali View Post
You don't remember the Muslim reaction and resulting fallout to the Danish Mohammed Cartoons, do you?
I'm not saying we should walk on eggshells out of fear of pissing Muslims off or anything... but seriously... if you know something is going to cause aggression and provoke violence, you stay the hell away. The stupidity is this guy using the first amendment as justification for making a stupid move. What that does is not only cause problems, but paves the way for more rules and laws to be put into place to limit your freedoms anyway... Use your rights in a way that doesn't screw it up for everyone else.
Haha nice contradiction.
Don't "walk on egg shells... but seriously..."
This is the whole problem with government regulation of rights; complete contradictions.
I say that if YOU'RE afraid of international thermonuclear war, why don't YOU travel across the country and stop him?
Otherwise, shit's going to happen whether anyone likes it or not.

The real joke in this situation is this: religion.
If crazy Muslims burned Bibles in the Middle East, people here would be outraged... but not vengeful.
Citizens of the United States would think, "They are so barbaric and crazy." Then they would laugh at them in a pretentious manner.
If some crazy Christian nut, or a bigoted nut (whatever), in the United States burns Qu'rans, level headed Muslims should be thinking "They are so barbaric and crazy," not "We need to kill them."

I'm not sure why this is so publicized.
It's giving credit to the ignorant and idiotic.