Music Banter - View Single Post - Church Plans on Burning Qur'an on September 11th
View Single Post
Old 09-11-2010, 09:57 PM   #107 (permalink)
Freebase Dali
Partying on the inside

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trauma View Post
Haha nice contradiction.
Don't "walk on egg shells... but seriously..."
This is the whole problem with government regulation of rights; complete contradictions.
I say that if YOU'RE afraid of international thermonuclear war, why don't YOU travel across the country and stop him?
Otherwise, shit's going to happen whether anyone likes it or not.

The real joke in this situation is this: religion.
If crazy Muslims burned Bibles in the Middle East, people here would be outraged... but not vengeful.
Citizens of the United States would think, "They are so barbaric and crazy." Then they would laugh at them in a pretentious manner.
If some crazy Christian nut, or a bigoted nut (whatever), in the United States burns Qu'rans, level headed Muslims should be thinking "They are so barbaric and crazy," not "We need to kill them."

I'm not sure why this is so publicized.
It's giving credit to the ignorant and idiotic.
It's not a contradiction. It's a compromise.
If you have a caged, rabid dog that you know will bite you... you're perfectly free to put your hand in the cage. That's your decision. But it's a stupid move.
The problem is that he's not just putting his hand in the cage... he's opening the door. I do realize that it's probably not going to change the fact that there will be extremist violence either way, but if you want to burn someone's bible, do it in private. Nothing is gained by provoking.
And I'm not saying all Muslims are extremists... but you'd have to be an idiot to not predict the effects of such a move.
Freebase Dali is offline   Reply With Quote