Music Banter - View Single Post - What's The Latest Film You Have Seen?
View Single Post
Old 09-11-2010, 10:15 PM   #7996 (permalink)
Flower Child
Account Disabled

A Serious Man

I normally hate comedies, but I saw that this was supposed to be dark comedy so I gave it a try. The characters really worked, and actual thought was put behind the script. Even made me giggle a few times. Then when I got to the end and all of a sudden saw the tornado coming toward the kid, I realized I had absolutely no clue to what the hell this movie was all about. But once I looked it up on the internet it all clicked, but to me having to go research the ending detracted from the impact. Maybe I'm simply a dummy and you guys wouldn't have that problem.

6/10

Trainspotting

So I've heard a lot of hype about this movie. Maybe I was expecting too much. I was dissapointed. Heroin addicts acting like heroin addicts getting clean then acting like heroin addicts again then eventually self-destructing or getting clean again. It didn't excite any of my senses really, just wore me out. Wasn't terrible by any means though.
5/10

Amelie

Beautiful. Heard the soundtrack first and loved it so much I had to watch the film. It had everything I want. And so different. The subtitles didn't bother me a bit. Maybe a tad bit on the girly side. I mean its not really something I would sit down and watch with my old man but that doesn't change the fact that it is one of the best movies I've seen in a long time. I want to live in Paris.

100/10

Lonesome Dove

My brother loaned me this and told me it was the greatest thing he had ever seen. Well I have a different opinion. Pure shit. If I thought Tommy Lee Jones is an arrogant bossy loud mouth before I saw this I can't even put into words how I feel about him now. For christs sake give it a rest you old jaw bone! This movie is nothing but one one-liner after another all the way from Texas to Montana. Don't spoil a good Western collection with this turd.

0/10

Last edited by Flower Child; 09-11-2010 at 10:21 PM.
Flower Child is offline   Reply With Quote