Music Banter - View Single Post - What's The Latest Film You Have Seen?
View Single Post
Old 09-11-2010, 10:33 PM   #7998 (permalink)
VEGANGELICA
Facilitator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flower Child View Post

Amelie

Beautiful. Heard the soundtrack first and loved it so much I had to watch the film. It had everything I want. And so different. The subtitles didn't bother me a bit. Maybe a tad bit on the girly side. I mean its not really something I would sit down and watch with my old man but that doesn't change the fact that it is one of the best movies I've seen in a long time. I want to live in Paris.

100/10
I remember seeing this movie long ago, but for the life of me I can't remember what the plot was. Is there a garden gnome in it? Does Amelie stroll around by some water? Maybe I'll have to watch it again, because I remember liking it, but can't remember *why*!

By the way, Flower Child, I did watch those other two movies you recommended...the one about the young woman and her dog, and the one about the sister and brother who have to care for their aging dad. I especially liked the latter...it *was* funny and sad to see the sis and bro wrestling with their problems and insecurities and jealousies and love, and making their lives better in the end. I liked how they could see each other's problems so clearly, but didn't want to face up to their own...yet having each other helped them do so. I agree that was a very good film!

The movie about the woman and dog was unusual, like a documentary almost, a short clip of time. The line that sticks with me is when the security guard expresses frustration about this catch-22: you need an address in order to get a job, and you need a job to have the money to have an address. That is an important point he makes. I don't think the woman and dog ever reunite, I'm afraid. I wish I knew!
If a chicken was smart enough to be able to speak English and run in a geometric pattern, then I think it should be smart enough to dial 911 (999) before getting the axe, and scream to the operator, "Something must be done! Something must be done!"
VEGANGELICA is offline   Reply With Quote