Music Banter - View Single Post - Church Plans on Burning Qur'an on September 11th
View Single Post
Old 09-11-2010, 11:51 PM   #108 (permalink)
RVCA
( ̄ー ̄)

I've been following the arguments in this thread, and I have something relative to say, but I don't think I'm addressing anyone in particular. More or less, it's my general opinion on this horrendous non-issue.

A few of you have thrown around the idea of "tolerance". But here's the thing: The point is not that hate is bad or that acceptance is good, but whether we're doing so based upon rational reasons. Open-mindedness is only a virtue if it's tempered with wisdom.

I fully support burning the Quran. It's a horrendous, disgusting piece of literature. But then again, I also fully support burning the Bible because it's also horrendously disgusting. Would I ever actually burn either holy book? No. And I certainly wouldn't do it on the anniversary of a national tragedy. The guy is an extremist, and an attention whore. He's an idiot. And everyone who's making such a huge deal out of it is just playing along. They're mafia-wife idiots.
RVCA is offline   Reply With Quote