Music Banter - View Single Post - Flute / Guitar Duet
View Single Post
Old 09-12-2010, 12:03 PM   #10 (permalink)
VEGANGELICA
Facilitator

Quote:
Originally Posted by rondo View Post
What would be your favorite flute piece/passage amongst all of classical music? (sorry for the sidebar, but thought I'd take a moment since the original poster hasn't replied back yet )
Oh rondo, I'm afraid I can't answer that because my familiarity with classical flute pieces is so limited...and I can't remember names of pieces or composers well, either.

My knowledge of classical music is mostly limited to music I play in an orchestra as a violin player. I have shreds of flute passages floating through my head, but I can't remember what piece they were in or who composed them!

I hope Burning Down or someone else who is very knowledgeable about classical music will be able to give you a good opinion, because I wish I could! Your question is an interesting one.

I do like the flute (and violin!) passages in Debussy's Prelude to the Afternoon of a Faun very much, though! (I *had* actually heard that piece before listening to it again in your Impressionistic music thread.)

Maybe I'll cheat and ask my dad what HIS favorite flute pieces/passages are...he may remember many more than I do! I'll also try listening to some of the ones Burning Down mentions earlier.
If a chicken was smart enough to be able to speak English and run in a geometric pattern, then I think it should be smart enough to dial 911 (999) before getting the axe, and scream to the operator, "Something must be done! Something must be done!"
VEGANGELICA is offline   Reply With Quote